the ramlings of on Tuesday, September 23, 2008.

For those of you who don't know, a FAQ is a frequently asked question. Unfortunately, people ask me some really stupid ass questions. Sometimes it's because they've never seen a Muslim or a Hafiz before. Sometimes it's because they are stupid. I'm going to do you guys a favor and answer these questions right now.

Q: Do you talk to girls?
A: No, I don't. I walk around with a blindfold so I don't have to look at girls. If a girl calls my name or tries to draw attention to herself, I Rock Bottom her (with my eyes still closed and gloves on so I don't touch her). I don't even talk to my sisters because it's possible that they aren't really my sisters and that my family has been lying to me this whole time.

Q: How many of your friends are terrorists?
A: Define "terrorist." If by terrorist you mean someone that would kill innocent people for the sake of something really stupid, then I guess yeah, I do have some terrorist friends. I'm pretty sure Rehan would kill over a Smash Brothers match. Besides, the only killing I do is killing clowns on the basketball court. OHHHH.

Q: What is deoderant? (I swear to god this was asked to me by an old desi uncle)
A: Ok, lemme put it in terms you can understand. It's a magic stick that will solve all your problems.

Q: Should women be allowed to drive?
A: Well, actually, I don't see why women should feel the need to leave the house. In fact, if we put a bed in the kitchen, then wouldn't even need to leave their cages.

Q: So you actually memorized the ENTIRE quran?
A: No, I just memorized every other line. Also, I accidentally memorized one of the paras backwards. I also like to make up stuff while I'm leading namaz. It's mostly gibberish.

Q: If I make dua for you, will you make dua for me?
A: No, because that's not a fair trade. Because I'm Hafiz, I'm a superior being to you. Becaues I'm Hafiz, all my actions and beliefs are irrelevant and I'm automatically going to heaven. So, no, I won't waste my time doing dua for you, unless you pay me. I accept paypal.

Q: Why don't you celebrate Christmas?
A: For the same reason you don't celebrate my religious holidays: Ramdhan, Eid 1 & 2, and Eminem's birthday.

Q: Do nonmuslims go to heaven?
A: Actually, I'm not even sure most muslims get to go to heaven. I'll be damned (literally) if Saddam Hussein or Kashif gets into heaven.

Q: Are you going to have an arranged marriage?
A: Option 1: Try my odds, play the field, go through the trouble of finding girls, filtering through those girls to find a mate, then testing her out as a potential wife, then marrying her only to find out six months later that she doesn't know how to make gajar halwa.

Option 2: Give my mom a list of requirements (see my first post), and let her do all the work. That way, I can blame her if things don't work out.

Q: How do you feel about hijab?
A: Saves girls the trouble of having to get 50 dollar haircuts from Ulta and making their hair every day. Besides, there's plenty of hot-jabis, so I wouldn't mind hooking up with one.

Q: How do you feel about homosexuality?
A: As long as they aren't trying to flirt with me (which unfortunatly seems to happen to me more than it should), I'm ok with it. And yes, I flirted with the gay guy at Jack-in-the-Box for some extra ranch sauce. At least I hope it was ranch. (I bet you guys were expecting a Zaid Siddiqui joke, weren't you?)

Ok, that's all the questions I could think of. Every single one of these questions has been asked to me before. They aren't all stupid, but still, I can make fun of whatever I want because it's my blog. Feel free to ask me stupid questions in the comments, and I'll try to answer them. Godspeed.

Posted in .