the ramlings of on Thursday, December 13, 2007.

Dear God:

What's up, man? How are things up there? As you probably already know, everything over here has been pretty good. I really wanted to thank you for all your help. You helped me through my stressful exams, and they turned out well. I was afraid of doing bad in Physics, but thanks to you, I think I owned the final.

I also wanted to thank you for my awesome friends and family. I am extremely grateful that you blessed me with such a good environment. I'm almost never pressured to do things that I don't want to do nor things that you wouldn't want me to do. You're really looking out for me and keeping me safe. Even after all the times I did things that you specifically told me not to do, you still gave me a chance to make up for it. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't purify myself with your infinite mercy.

I also want to thank you for putting up with our transgressions. I know you don't care about the little things that we argue about or the little comments we make. We humans always claim to be fighting and arguing for your sake, but I honestly believe that the ones that do that are nothing more than just ignorant. Please guide the idiots who want to kill each other because they believe that their interpretation of you is better than someone else's. I know that we are just supposed to try and live our lives as morally as possible and that you will judge us in the end. You are the most just and forgiving and it is your job to judge us, not any human's. Please guide those of us who feel that they're your special agents and that they have the right to impose YOUR authority. I know we shouldn't bicker and argue about these little things, but it's in our nature. We should try to understand that humans only act in ways that they feel are right and that they will be judged accordingly. My bad; I will try my best to prevent people from arguing about these minuscule things and claim it's for your sake, when it's really for their own personal agenda.

But mostly, thanks for giving me and the rest of mankind hope. Without you, who would the oppressed call upon to help them get through the toughest of times. Why would we even attempt to go against all odds and do the impossible. If it wasn't for your teachings and rules, I would slowly lose incentive to follow logic and just act blindly on my desires. If there was no set rules in basketball, then people would just foul (like Abid does to me anyways) and do all sorts of illegal plays, which would not make it a game of skill, but a game of who can be the dirtiest player.

But in all seriousness, please don't give up on me or anyone else. No matter how much I learn from your teachings, I need someone that I can ALWAYS depend on. You've blessed me with good family and friends, but I can't call on them when I'm stuck in traffic on the way to an important test or when I need to hit that game winning shot to beat Zaid Siddqui's team in basketball. Those are the times when only YOU can help me, no one else. And if I didn't have full faith that you're always going to be there for me, I don't know who I would turn to. When I am wronged or unjustly treated, I have confidence that you will take care of me. That hope is what keeps me from seeking out my own revenge and continuing a cycle of hatred. Otherwise, I'd have to depend on the justice of this world. And who's that, the cops? That's not absolute justice. There is only one absolute in this universe, and that's you.

Anyways, thanks for listening. I don't think we'll ever fix the errors of our ways. We'll just continue sinning and hope that we can earn your mercy. Thanks for everything you've done for us, even though we don't really deserve it.

You're number one fan,
Imran

PS: Sorry for all the jokes. It's really Adil and Abid's fault; they encourage me.

Posted in .